KoC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resource strategy...

Go down

Resource strategy... Empty Resource strategy...

Post  Olinbru Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:53 pm

Some people have a problem with resources and others have asked me how did I accumulate such prestige so fast...the answer is simple. Resources.

What I did was I used the initial resource fields the following way...4 farms, 3 of each sawmill, ironmine and quarry. I then leveled them up in sequence, first the sawmills, then quarries and then ironmines. I got sawmills up to level 3 and then quarries because they are the cheapest and quickest to level up. Then I got the ironmines to level 3. Once I had all of these at level 3, I went ahead and kept leveling them up again in sequence but not by groups. I got them to level 4, one by one...sawmill, quarry, ironmine, etc...until all were level 4 and then upgraded my town hall. Then I got everything to level 5, including farms and got the town hall up again. At each town hall upgrade I built 1 more of each sawmill, ironmine and quarry. I still had only the four farms. I built houses on a need basis. If I needed to build the cottages to house more population for my labour force then I built it. Otherwise, I didn't bother wasting the resources yet. Following this progression I got to level 8 resource fields and was acquiring 40k-ish resources/hour. I also spent gold/resources in research bonuses. Before my Beginner's Protection ended I had a prestige of 30k. This is basically how I did it. Oh, and when the build time became unbearable I started building in the city and researched construction until I could't afford it anymore.
Olinbru
Olinbru

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum